Thursday, November 1, 2012

Catch up with that?

My apologies for the delay in posting. Sometimes life gets in the way of the diarizing thereof. Suffice it to say the last few days have been busy, but I have the pictorial evidence to prove it.

Our first stop of interest was in the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. On a prior trip we visited Jed Johnson Lake. This time we drove up to Rush Lake. I think it may be larger than Jed Johnson. Once again lake levels are low, but the rains will come.


Here is my beloved waving at her favorite man. Isn't she a picture of beauty....yes I agree she is.


Here is a picture of a blighted oak. I have another picture as well. I can't decide which one I like best, but I'm leaning toward the latter.


This picture shows more of the type of pink granite rock prevalent in the area. I like the way the branches look lying forlorn on the rocks.


There were some small yellow flowers growing nearby. I thought they were worthy of a picture.


Here is a picture of Scooterchick. When she saw me taking a picture of the flowers she thought she would grab a shot of them as well. The dam is in the background and you can see how low the lake is, there is about a 4 foot rise to the spillway.


Fast forward to today. We are on our way to Texas and we wanted to try something different for lunch. I Googled our route and looked for something interesting. Accordingly, we ended up at Opa"s Schnitzel Hut in Wichita Falls. Here is a picture of Scooterchick multitasking, catching up on e-mail, enjoying some Raumschnitzel and a typically Euro Salad.
   

I ended up with Goulash, and an Alcoholfrei Bittburger to drink. I liked the taste of both, my beloved tasted the beer and made a face. Too hoppy, she declared.


Here is the restaurant. The decor is typically German. Red, Black and Yellow the colors of Deutschland. You know "uber alles".


Well it's of to VA in the a.m. This should be interesting. I have never been to Virginia before. The entire Eastern Seaboard has been freshly laundered by hurricane Sandy and is waiting for our arrival. As it is the hour is late, my eyes are heavy, and I bid you good night.

No comments: